As Navajo Head Start and Early Head Start programs we offer services to enrolled children and families, such as:
- Medical Home
- Family-style meal settings, complete with nutritious meals
- Behavior Development
- Mental Wellness
- Social & Emotional Competence
- And a safe environment!
With these services, we are subdivided into Five (5) Districts:
- Shiprock, NM – District I
- Crownpoint, NM – District II
- Window Rock, AZ – District III
- Chinle, AZ – District IV
- Kayenta/Tuba City – District V
At each region “Early Childhood Development” services are delivered at a established center or Home Base with a program emphasizing the Navajo language and Self-Identity, Encouraging Family Literacy, self-confidence, independence and creating life-long learners.
Expectant Mother’s and Father’s
We didn’t forget about you! Navajo Head Start and Early Head Start offers unique, flexible programs designed to address the needs of expectant mothers, fathers and children in the center and in the home.